I've been interested in blogging for some time now. I follow a fair number of blogs and enjoy writing and documenting. However, I've always proved a rather unsuccessful diary-keeper. I'm one of those people who buys a beautiful journal, writes in it for about a week, and then gives up completely. I was inspired to blog about my experience with orthodontia and orthognathic surgery for a number of reasons. First of all, I wanted to record my experience. Second, as I searched for blogs by other orthognathic patients, I found a good number of such blogs, most of which were helpful and interesting, but very few of which were similar to my own case. I hope that my blog will provide information for others who wish to correct their underbites. But mostly, I figured that if I gave myself a certain topic to write about, I would be much more successful in continuing to write, and that more people would be interested in reading my blog.
And so I started writing, and it was true, I had plenty to say. However, while I desperately want an audience and to be a part of the blogger orthognathic community, I am a little scared to introduce myself. I guess that I know that once I do this, there's no turning back. I've always been very careful not to put too much information about myself on the internet, and I have never posted a picture of myself in a public area. I'm afraid that once I have an audience, I will be nervous about putting up anything too personal or identifying.
But I think I'm getting over that. I'm ready to jump in. It was so exciting to get a comment that I want more! Because of the nature of this blog, I'm sure that I will want to post pictures of myself. While I'm not ready to put up a picture yet, I think I will do that soon. I will definitely be careful about how much identifying information I post, but I won't let it get in the way of telling my story.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment