I've noticed that my teeth have become quite sensitive in the... last two weeks I guess. Eating very cold foods hurts, as does using the Waterpik. Braces related? Why would this develop after months with them on? Has anyone else experienced this?
Yeah definitely! My teeth are so much more sensitive now than when I first had them on, I guess it's not surprising the amount of trauma we put them through!! When I have my archwires changed and even my teeth cleaned at the time with cold water it's unbearable.. :( Don't think winter is helping at the mo either!! x
Yes. I think there is some gum recession with the braces. And also the metal may conduct a bit? And the hygeine isn't as good? Well, I have no idea. Ask the orthodontist. Though they are fond sometimes of denying anything, making us feel weird--so alone with our worries. But I had more sensitivity for sure. There is nothing quite like tooth sensitivity, is there? Maybe labor pains....yeah...labor pains.
3 comments:
Oh yeah.. my teeth go through all kinds of phases. Sometimes they are so sensitive it feels like I have a bunch of new cavities.
Yeah definitely! My teeth are so much more sensitive now than when I first had them on, I guess it's not surprising the amount of trauma we put them through!! When I have my archwires changed and even my teeth cleaned at the time with cold water it's unbearable.. :( Don't think winter is helping at the mo either!! x
Yes. I think there is some gum recession with the braces. And also the metal may conduct a bit? And the hygeine isn't as good? Well, I have no idea. Ask the orthodontist. Though they are fond sometimes of denying anything, making us feel weird--so alone with our worries. But I had more sensitivity for sure. There is nothing quite like tooth sensitivity, is there? Maybe labor pains....yeah...labor pains.
Post a Comment