Monday, February 4, 2008

Food Shopping, etc.

I'm planning on going for a big supermarket run sometime before next week. On the list is soup, Ensure, and frozen fruit (for smoothies). Any other suggestions for wired meals? Will I be able to handle something the consistency of baby food or applesauce?

Also, I'm looking for a powerful personal blender. We bought the Magic Bullet a few weeks ago, and were so disappointed when we tested it out that we brought it back. Not only could it not handle ice, it couldn't handle chicken, apples, etc. I don't mind spending around $50 for something powerful, compact, and easy-to-clean. Anyone find anything really good?

6 comments:

Shontelly said...

I just use a regular blender that you can get at the department store. I think it was like 20 bucks. My doc says that apple sauce would be ok. I haven't done my soup shopping yet. I want to wait so that the yogurt doesn't go bad. The good thing about using a syringe/zip & squeeze is that you don't have to taste most of the crappy stuff we're forced to eat. You can just shoot it down! lol

Shontelly said...

Hey Allison, I also wanted to tell you to make sure you get a lot of calcium. v8 juice is rich with the stuff.

Michelle said...

I also bought the magic bullet and wasn't impressed with it at all. Recently, I bought an Oster at the local department store and it has worked quite well. I am currently 8months post op from my last surgery and I still make myself a fruit/yogurt smoothie everyday. I just feel better after I have it. Have fun shopping!!

chris k said...

I don't know what kind mine is but its a robust stainless steel job with two speeds, on and off. Yup when it comes to blenders I say low frills and high power. I think mine cost in the 50-60$ range.

allison said...

1. *adds v8 to the list*

2. Chris -- that sounds a lot like what I'm looking for. Do you know who makes it?

3. Michelle -- thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into the Oster.

chris k said...

I looked at mine last night and its an Oster 4127 Classic Beehive. I was however completely off on the price. It was actually more in the 90$ range. I still stand by it though. Totally rugged.