Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm my own slightly-more-attractive-but-otherwise-identical sister

Today I dropped by the history office at my high school to ask a question. I began talking to my teacher from last year. I never had a particularly great relationship with her, but she was closest and could answer my question. After we had talked for a few minutes, she said, "So, you must be Allison's sister!"

*confusion*

"No, I'm Allison..."

"Oh! You look... different! But the same! Your face looks different!"

This is actually the second time in a week that a former history teacher and I have discussed my face. The other time, my sophomore year teacher said my name, and I turned around. "Wow!" she said, "You look great!" At the time, I thought it might be because I've learned how to do my hair and wear mascara since I had her. Maybe not?

7 comments:

Tara said...

That's pretty cool! It's good that you still look like you though... just "better"!!! Your results are truly amazing!

ingrid said...

how fun is that! you're your own twin !

bridget said...

That's hilarious! I bet she felt silly.

Anonymous said...

ah, that's funny. she must have felt really daft, though.
When people ask me if I'll look any different, I say ' hopefully, just like me, but more harmonious'.

Caitlin said...

I just read all your posts about your surgery and I'm SO JEALOUS of your results! I'm getting the same thing done next week and I couldn't be more nervous. I hope to get results as awesome as yours!!

Anonymous said...

This happened to me too, except I was in law school and it's unfathomable to me why one of my fellow students would think that I was my own younger sister at a graduate school, like entire families go to the same institutions ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm 14 years old and will be having orthgnathic surgery in a few years to correct my lower jaw asymmetry.
Reading your experience is extremely uplifting. <3