Okay, maybe not yet. But it was pretty good! I couldn't find the instruction manual, but ended up finding it online. In the end, I found the best way for me to use it through experimentation, as I'm sure all of you Pik users have. For non-Pik users, this is what worked for me:
At first, I made a huge mess. Water everywhere. Put down towels! Put away appliances!
Even though the instructions suggested that I lean over the sink, I found it perfectly okay to stand upright so long as I held the "pause" button until I had the tip in my closed mouth. Then I let the water flow, and adjusted the stream until it was comfortable. I ran it through my mouth until my cheeks were full of water, and then I held the pause button while I spat. Rinse, repeat. It was definitly a little frustrating that I couldn't see where I was going, but I think I'll get a better feeling for it after a few more tries.
I still felt the need to floss after I Pik-ed. Maybe next time I will floss first, and then Pik (which would make the Waterpik a replacement for my mouthwash step instead of for my flossing step). I just didn't feel like the water was really getting between my teeth, etc.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I have yet to try mine but...I'm sure it's like using my Sonicare. You have to get used to it...and you make a big mess in the process!!
I just hate flossing and really don't do it so I figured the Waterpik is better than nothing at all!!
But I'll put down the towels first!
Post a Comment