Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This is Me...

...being brave, so please be kind. I have no doubt that you will, because yall have been nothing but kind.



This is my senior portrait, taken at the end of my junior year. The irony, of course, is that the year between when this picture was taken and when it will be published will probably include a greater change in my face's appearance than any other year in my life.



This picture was taken on my vacation this July, post braces installment. My sister was also in the picture, but I've cropped her out for her privacy. Click and you'll get a (MUCH!) bigger picture if you're interested in a closer look at my bite.

(pictures removed on 11/06/2007)

9 comments:

Professor Howdy said...



Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!



:O)

amycq said...

Yeah the ortho said to me once I put the braces on, my bite will look worse before it looks better! But I can finally say, it does get better!

Thanks for the pics!

Aimee said...

I think you're very attractive. We are always hardest on ourselves!

Aimee said...

P.S. I don't think your chin is as bad as mine. :)

Anonymous said...

There's no reason not to be kind! And we're all ore or less in the same orthodontic boat.

Anonymous said...

hello there! im bout yr age too, 18. and we have exactly the same problem, underbite, protrusive lower jaw and all. so i understand how yr feeling(: lucky you, your parents are supportive. my mom is cool with it but still complains sometimes tt im just doin it cos im vain.

so anyway i had my braces on during April this yr, gonna have the surgery this Dec. quite fast eh? what bout you? (: i saw yr pic and the underbite isnt very obvious(like mine) but im having problems biting and i hate my facial profile. oh well.

allison said...

hi juliana-

you should blog! i'm thinking my surgery will probably be in mid-february. good luck and keep us updated!

hi everyone else-

thank you thank you!

Erin said...

Wow, you can barely see your braces!

Also, just to echo what some others have said -- expect your bite to actually get worse at times. I never had gaps on my bottom teeth and there was a period of several months where these giant gaps opened up and they made my crossbite worse and gave me more of an open bite. But, it's all part of the process.

One really frustrating thing I experienced was that it seemed like different teeth were touching, like they took turns touching and changed often. It was a day by day thing. Sometimes only one bottom and one top made contact!

Shontelly said...

Your a beautiful girl - screwy jaw and all. Just think how much more of a beaut your going to be. Isn't it just so exciting! My face is very similar to yours except I can't smile nearly as good as you do.

Looking forward to seeing your results.
Shontell