Week two was a significantly more pleasant week than week one. At this point, I am off all prescribed medications, and I take Nyquil at night. I've regained much of my stamina, appetite, and will to live ;-). I'm eating much better, and my weight loss has leveled off at about 15lbs. I sleep through the night, and feel well enough during the day to do some of the schoolwork I'm missing. My swelling seems to go down daily (surgeon says it's 80% gone), and my face is becoming less and less numb. My speech is more understandable (or my parents have gotten better at understanding it!) A couple of friends are coming over tomorrow evening to watch a movie and drink milkshakes.
Because, as a Whiner I'm milking this experience for all it's worth, I will present you with my list of complaints:
1. Goddammit, I'm hungry!! Eating is messy and slow, and I crave real food. The list includes a cheeseburger, pickle, pancakes, sesame chicken, Life cereal, pasta with tomato sauce (in pasta form, please!), pizza, and a BLT.
2. There is chicken stuck in my splint (inside my mouth) and it is driving me absolutely insane. I am constantly wiggling it with my tongue to no avail.
3. My face is swollen and too tender to wash really well, so my skin is awful.
4. It's cold. (Not surgery related, but this is my blog and I'll complain about what I want!!)
5. My nose is still quite stuffy, and I don't yet have the all-clear to blow it.
6. I still have pain. Obviously not enough to take the codeine, or I would. Also not enough to drink Children's Motrin.
7. It's very frustrating not to be able to talk.
8. These hooks are poking me something awful.
Okay, that's enough. Pictures?!

I was very concerned that those cheeks were here to stay, until my surgeon said that I'm still swollen.

Will you look at that overbite?!


4 comments:
Wow, your progress is awesome, am getting very excited for you! Not long babe, and you'll be able to make up for lost time in the eating stakes!!!
Not sure if it's the swelling, but I think surgery has made you look a bit younger - hope that'll happen to me, need all the help I can get now! :D Thinking of you lots hun, glad you're managing to sleep and keep up with your schoolwork xxx
You look so great. You have hardly any swelling. Congratulations!
Hey look at you!! Are you excited about those changes? Well, I think you look great. Amazing what a couple of weeks do for ya huh?
Have you tried using a Water Pik to get the chicken out of your splint? I don't know what I would have done without mine when I was wired shut.
Post a Comment