That's right, the unwiring -- and my 4-week anniversary -- are in just five days. I can't wait to eat pancakes, brush my teeth, drive, and even go back to school.
At three weeks and a little bit, I'm healing up nicely. The only lingering problems are really sleeping, soup, and swelling.
Sleep: I must be on some weird schedule, because I haven't been falling asleep until 3 or 4 for the past few nights. There's nothing more lonely or depressing than being the only person awake at 4. Ugh. Even when I wake up at a semi-reasonable 9 the next morning, I cannot fall asleep. I guess I could take something, but I don't really want to deal with that
Soup: No, thank
you. It's really an eating problem, but I liked the alliteration of "sleeping, soup, and swelling" :-D I... just don't want to eat. It's annoying, slow, messy, and it doesn't taste very good. I basically live on blended, strained soups, yogurt, and ice cream. Sometimes juice. My parents tried to get me to eat Cheese-Whiz out of a syringe, but I told them exactly what I thought of them for that. I think I average around 1000 calories a day, but for some reason, I'm not still losing weight. Huh. Good thing too, because my parents have instated a no-new-dress-until-you-gain-the-weight-back policy. And I reallllllllllly want that dress, too.Swelling: Not a huge problem, really. Just when I was feeling down about my cheeks being huge -- and worrying again that they were here to stay -- I noticed that they really do look smaller. My doctor says that it might take a year for my face to look like it will. The only reason the swelling is difficult is that my face is still very tender, which makes it hard to wash my face, wipe my nose, etc. I'm also just a little concerned that my jaw was overcorrected. Someone please reassure me that I now have a normal profile, not an overbite? (Please excuse my bony bare shoulders and my yellowy splint. Curry soups = tasty, but not that attractive to wear for a month)




3 comments:
Hey Allison! I've been following your blog and it's provided me with so much great information. Thank you!!! Anyhow, I had to comment and say your new profile looks great!!! Doesn't look like you have a big overbite at all, but maybe it just looks that way to you because your cheeks are still more swollen than your lower jaw? Who knows... I think it looks awesome though! I can only hope for results that good! Feel free to stop by my blog! =)
Woah! You look GREAT! I was wondering the same thing about my face but figured it's probably the swelling making it look that way. 5 days huh? AWESOME! I tore into my first pancake like a hungry maniac!!! I was like a vacuum cleaner... sucking em down! emmmmmmm pancakes..
It's good to see your feeling and looking better. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I bet your friends and family are freaking out huh? That's wonderful. Happy for ya.
Only one more day 'till pancakes!!!
You look amazing! Probably feels like over-correction as it's opposite to what you've ever experienced thus far ~ It looks grand :)
Post a Comment