Friday, July 25, 2008

Helllllllllllllllo Blogosphere!!

Wow. It's kind of nice to say it's been a really long time and not a whole lot has changed. I'm in rubberbands again, gained back all the weight I lost post-op, and things are being fine-tuned in my mouth, but that's about it.

It looks like the braces might come off at the end of August, but probably not until Christmas (the next time I'll be home from school!) The only thing that's really delaying their removal, it seems, is making sure there's enough room for two implants to be placed in. I'm a little confused to the order that everything has to happen in, but my dentist, orthodontist, and periodontist should be chatting and getting back to me on Monday, so. I should have a better idea then. After seeing the periodontist, he sent me for a CT Scan to make sure there's enough bone to do the implants. Because I have been missing the teeth that will be replaced with implants for some time, the bone structure has somewhat degraded. The CT Scan showed that I will need a bone graft in order for implants to be possible. Apparently, that's not a huge deal, though. (Aside story: right before I had the scan, I told the technician that there's a great deal of metal in my face. She just kind of nodded and went on what she was doing. After the scan was done, she came back into the room and said, "Wow, there really is a lot of metal in there. What happened?!")

Oh! By the way. I found a great use for rubberbands. I was sitting on the bus knitting, and I needed an extra stitch marker. Aha!










Now for pictures, eh?

This is from June. The first spontaneous picture of my profile that I really like. Hurray! My mom says that my nose isn't really as big as in the picture, so there you go, Internet. My nose isn't that big.










My friend and I being silly. Oh, and proof that I'm really really tall.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Girl, you look awesome! And that's a great idea for alternate rubber band use, maybe I'll use that for the scarf I'm working on...

Good luck with college!! I just finished freshman year and you'll have a blasttt. What school are you going to?

V said...

Wowee.. Allison your nose is HOT so don't even despair... it'd look silly if it was any smaller :)

The pics are fantastic and I'm so glad you're so near the end! The implant stuff sounds all very confusing and crazy, so hopefully that will all be sorted soon.

You're gonna have a great time at college! Good luck with everything and great to hear from you! xx

Anonymous said...

But your nose is tiny! :-)
You look great and sound happy. I do hope the implant buisness gets sorted out asap and that you get some of the metal in your mouth out by christmas!

mylene

Rachel said...

Looking good! And yes, we would love your input on Jaw Dropping Blends. Eating through a syringe is quite an art.

Shontelly said...

Well ya look great. Awesome idea with the rubberbands lol. I used my left overs to fling them at the cats.